PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Maintenance Story On Ch.7
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 12:15
Captain Biggles84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling Out

Being more of an ABC- Four Corners Fan when it comes to Consumer Affair programs i thought that TT and Channel Seven did a good job. They had some good evidence to support their claims along with Qantas's own whistle blower. Having spent some time working on the ground at Sydney Airport, i have seen the great work that has been done by the QF engineers. Unfortunetly in this day and age with Big companies looking for a bees dick of a reason to cut costs it has resulted in the move OS at the expense of jobs and future jobs for many Australians. With some cloud around wether our trusty southern pacific freinds can do a job in as high regard as the well established Heavy Jet Maint in Syd highlighted in their report. I feel that the real issue is Aussie Jobs been moved overseas to cope with the so called "expanding airline" where they are cutting costs and canning hundreds of hard working aussies out of jobs that have been a lifestyle among some memebers of our community. What is this effect goin to have on any kids goin through school that wish to become LAME on big jets. Doesnt Dixon or who ever see that this is all goin to crumble before the concrete can set. Its clear that Qantas dont give a flying hoot about Australians well being at all. Not suggesting that our good friends in the S.E asian cannot maintain them to the standard. But Qantas is destroying the one thing that holds its reputation (or held) up. The fact that is is an Australian Airline and run by the people of Australia. All this growth and BS is just resulting in less Aussies working for Qantas and no foundations for our younger generation to keep it that way.