PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impact on Family life - LongHaul Pilot
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 12:12
olderairhead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Plus as a miner you earn more $$ so you keep the golddiggers happier!!
No wonder there are separations with this attitude!

oneday_soon may I suggest if you want to think this way you will go a long way with your (sexual) career but not your marital career.

As you were after a serious response to your question may I suggest you ingnore the previous post.

Maybe I am old, but at least I am still with my family.

Remember there is a team relationship in aviation and a strong team will survive.

My point, is the children have to be "educated" into being children of a pilot and you and your family have to acknowledge that you will not be there all the time. If you are all happy with this it will work.

But at the end of the day I can guarantee you that your conscience will eventually win over and you will feel guilty. Having said that, it does depend on how long you intend to do it. I did for 22 years and that is far too long, but I had a great time along the way. The lonely hotel nights when I matured and kids eyes finally did it for me tho!

But if you are young, no kids, an understanding partner and a determination not to be seduced by others in moments of loneliness with a partner sharing the same beliefs as you (read seduced) then it can be extremely rewarding,
for you, not the missus cos you are always the one travelling!

Tough decision mate but if it can work for you and the family, extremely rewarding.

Good luck!