PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Captain
Thread: Great Captain
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 11:58
Empty Cruise

ECON cruise, LR cruise...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Do you think that I do seatpockets to be a nice bloke???

Jeeeezz, you guys sure must have more than a 25 min. turnaround - if I and the FO have a spare minute, we will help with the seat pockets, to expedite the turnaround! This has nothing to do with CRM, it's all about dispatching my flight on time

As for making coffee - dream on! The only time I do it is if we're the first ones out of the crew room, but never during t/r.

And yes, I also give PAs from the front whenever a serious delay is encountered or the pax might have felt that the safety of the flight might have been compromised, e.g. return to stand for minor tech problem. They have very low opinions of us in the first place without having lack of social skills and LMF added to the list by hiding in the cockpit.

What the cc, other captains and FOs think about this - I couldn't give a f#@$ing toss - I do it for the pax. If the rest of the crew have a problem with it, they can approach me. If not - get on with it!

And no - no drama, and I don't divert for any minor problems due to my inexperience. When you get your own command, you can choose for yourself - until then, simply decide if the captain displays behavioural patterns that are worth emulating or best left alone.