PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article by COLUM KENNY of the Irish Independent.
Old 9th Jul 2007, 23:38
CaptKremin

But you do yourselves a disservice when you slag off the journos. You need them on your side so they don't write sensationalist rubbish.
It is surprising to me, sometimes just how little knowledge of flying so many passengers have despite the huge growth in air travel. It is still something of a mystery to many people. Every trivial incident seems to garner acres of newsprint. I'm not sure how this kind of negative attitude can be reversed.
So I guess we'll have to put up with this kind negative press.
Both rather missing the point, eh?
These are not mere "Passengers". They are so-called "Professional Journalists".
In my humble opinion - a "Professional" is required to know what they are talking about, rather than discrediting themselves by printing rubbish. Otherwise, why waste our money and time buying and reading their trash?
After all, these are the very same people who comment on our "generous wages" and "cushy working conditions"! They seem to expect us (and the credulous public) to blindly accept their pronouncements as gospel truth, when the reality is that most of their 'NEWS' is nothing but mere Opinion from a bunch of ignorant lazy hacks with a domineering editor who is employed by a millionaire proprietor with a clear agenda.

We need to "suck up to them" and "get them onside"?
Excuse me, we are not politicians. We don't need to give a damn for journalists opinions - stick them.

What matters is the truth.
If you journos wish to print lies and spin then go ahead and be damned - they sell well. The only people you fool are yourselves and the ignorant public. Don't try to rope professional pilots into your sleazy circle of back-scratching pols and hacks.

This is the level at which tabloid 'journalism' operates in the UK/Irish press - pure guttersniping bull****. There are decent journalists out tere Danny, no doubt, but bull**** is bull****, and a hack is a hack - especially when employed by the bottom-feeders like the Sindo.

Desrt2005, I'm sure Tony O'Reilly deeply appreciates your craven and snivelling imprimatur.