PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article by COLUM KENNY of the Irish Independent.
Old 9th Jul 2007, 13:14
Final 3 Greens

Moggiee

.....and 10 minutes on the phone to research a few facts would have allowed him to write an article with all the sensationalist twaddle removed. Whilst the noises and aeroplane manoeuvres may seem dramatic to the non-aviator, any pilot (or even experienced traveller) could have explained to Mr Kenny what it was all about.

To be fair to Mr Kenny, he did spend his 10 mins (at least) speaking to an airline and an airport authority and less he has completely misquoted his sources, the information supplied has not exactly shed the light it could have done on the situation.

I wonder what he would have written if he had been put through to the chief pilot or some other authority figure from the flight deck community, who had explained the situation and allayed his fears?

But he did make the effort, so I don;t think he should be criticized for that.

whoop whoop

I understand our frustration, but I don't believe this guy is an aviation journo - just a journo.

If you read the piece again, there is no mention of plunging aircraft, screaming pax etc etc, just a layman's description of the event he experienced and some comments on go arounds that show he is a layman; but I don't see anny of the sh*t stirring rubbish that I read in other paper.

In other words, here there MAYBE a guy who would write a good piece with the right info - I'm not aline pilot, so I cant do it, but perhaps someone else can.

Experience in other fields suggests that guys like Mr Kenny can be helpful if steered in the right direction.