PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incarcerated 'tête de rotor' breaks out again
Old 16th Jul 2007, 09:03
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
So RVDT, what part of my "OK, just to throw the discussion open a bit more, ( yes I know we are at a safe computer desk with a cup of tea, biscuits etc etc " was the most difficult?

In regard to your Apache comment, I'm sure you are aware of the QRA aircraft http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/...124266,00.html for just an event, yet clearly not aware of the Apache on standby 'somewhere' within the congested zone, ie actually in situ where the hijacked aircraft would likely be flying towards. An Apache is as capable in achieving the aim as a Tornado!

LFMD TWR will warn you about the location of this jail if you fly up that way and to remain well clear. This has been done before and the guards will normally open up without warning.
So what happened this time? Was everyone in on it?

If cornered these people will take the next step - you (the pilot) are now currency in the whole deal as a hostage.
Hence my fly out to sea action, ditch the aircraft because of the emergency!
How are they going to take you hostage from that?
As for your repetetive "this isn't television!" comment, unfortunately thats where terrorists get their ideas from, so our actions could reasonably come from the same source. Script writers spend months getting the right outcome for the plot.

Watch tv and learn RVDT, may I suggest MacGyver

34 and 61 sec points
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=brjuhXQXFJA

Then of course there are the thriller books, like Floodgate by Alistair MacLean. But according to you that sort of thing is only a story in a book, so no worries... right!!

Amsterdam Airport - the best in Europe - had disappeared. The wall of water was the work of FFF - an Irish terrorist group who want to force Britain's hand.

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 16th Jul 2007 at 09:22.