PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 'low fuel' MAYDAY
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2007, 20:04
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H1 - in my opinion that is the ONLY sensible way to skin that particular moggie. As soon as you can see you will be arriving at the hold with 'insufficient' fuel, (and you should get a fair bit of notice), a good Ops cell in your company will be able to look at/talk to ATC and hopefully 'smooth your passage' without noticeable effect on others. I've seen it done many times with tricks like directs/stack swaps and others. ATC have always been brilliant. At least everyone knows in sufficient time rather than a 'shock and awe' tactic.

SR - I'm beginning to loose you there. I am assuming 'D' is 'div fuel' and 'E' is 'final reserve' in my language? Some typical PLOG figures for a 737-400 with LHR as alt for LGW would be

'D' 9-1000 kg
'E' 1300-1400kg
..so g/a at LGw with 1400kg and burn 1000 on the way - don't tell the residents around LHR what is coming over their heads shortly!

BA procedures (then, anyway) required NO call to ATC of any sort to carry this out. Somewhere in the annals of PPRune was a thread by 'Antigua', I think, who did notify ATC of his inability to go-round having committed and the result was interesting.