PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Met's EC145s are about to go Operational!
Old 15th Jul 2007, 17:39
CAPTAIN COP!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daft bat

I was recently informed from a very good source that the Met's new EC145s do not have FADEC installed? Can any fellow Ppruners shed any light on to this and to the reason why?

I can only guess that it to save on weight for the AUTW and taking into consideration the police role equipment.

If the above is true, where the old and defunct AS355Ns could be started and airbourne within 2 minutes, so I was told, now it takes 4 minutes to get the new EC145s manually started and airbourne.

Lastly, I understand the new aircraft have the night sun and camera fitted towards the front of the skids. Not sure which way around, however due to the postion on the skids the nightsun or camera can not be used at the same time which I find odd, considering the new a/c are "state of the art machines" and at the present are suppose to be the most sophisticated police helicopters in the world.

I am very much interested to hear from people "in the know" and what they think of the equipment setup if true?

Captain Cop!