PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2007, 17:01
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi wokawoka,
thank you for your post.

You are correct in saying that speculation as to the cause has no place within the debate as the burden of proof required to find deceased aircrew guilty of negligence is Absolutely No Doubt Whatsoever, which is higher than beyond all reasonable doubt. Like you, I won't go over the holes in the MoD's arguments, as it's been done so often before.

Re-opening the Inquiry is something we have looked at many times in the past, but it appears that the MoD are the ones who say yes, or no, to this matter. The Campaign has been waiting to see who Gordon Brown was going to appoint as the SoS for Defence before deciding what next to do. Now we know that we've got the part-timer back, we will be implementing one of our pre-determined plans. There is a Campaign meeting scheduled for 25th July, so I hope to be able to update you further after that.

You ask if you can be of any help. Firstly, many thanks for your offer. All I would ask at this time is that you keep this injustice in the minds of those currently flying the Chinook. As new generations of aviators join the service, the Mull accident fades further into history. The matter is yet to be resolved so needs to be kept in the minds of those currently serving - especially those flying the Chinook.

I couldn't possible comment on the subject of moles!

As an aside, please give my regards to anyone with a long enough memory who remembers me. I was in the sandpit for the first spat, but don't think it was anywhere near as sh**ty as it is now.

Please keep yourself safe, and be reassured that there are a great number of people back here in the UK who support your every deed and pray for the safe return of everyone.

Kind regards,
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook