PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2007, 14:42
Anotherflapoperator

Actually the full fare fully flexible Manx fare wasn't much different to today.

I operated all this last week on lates and firstly an apology to anyone who was sat there in the heat...we tried our very best to keep the temperature down without the APU, but without a good breeze, and good communication with the rear cabin crew to work the doors to best effect, there's only so much we can do.

The Slots outbound have been pretty harsh as well, mid summer stuff, and nothing we can do. sorry again.

Believe me, there are few airlines that operate into LGW South, particularly Pier 1, who don't have North Terminal on the top of their wish list. We're working on it, promise.

Flybe have made positive moves to ensure standby capacity in Manchester, so the delays that dogged May and early June are now a thing of the past. The worst part of the transition is behind them now and the only goings on to put up with now is the Sub Chartered LGW service next month while local crews are training up on the Q400. Come October, it will be all local crew again and the landings will get smoother as we get the hang of the new aircraft.

Chica,

I also miss the Hot Breakfasts, Scones and hot towels. The Sovereign service was the reason Manx never put a two class service on the IOM-LHR route. Everyone got the star treatment.

The world moves on, unfortunately. FlyBE still offers a few bells and whistles with the Plus option, and very soon, they'll be doing a lot more for the Island's environment than the poor 146 can. The weekly fuel savings would fill the NSC alone!

The full service airline is a great idea, but costs mean you really do get what you pay for more directly nowadays. So many passengers are really price sensitive now, and if you can't compete on fare alone, you've more or less had it in the marketplace.