PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 'low fuel' MAYDAY
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2007, 11:32
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no point in a willy-waving competition here, CM, as Professional Pilots are not particularly impressed by that, and in any case it is obvious yours is bigger and better than mine. The size of your thing or what you do with it makes NO difference to the way fuel should be planned. Matey in his C152 who burns more than he 'needs' is in just as difficult a position as CM in his important big jet, and even me, going to the little sleepy backwater with minimal delays, can and have been held down and slow, (and delayed for departure).

If this 'using all the contingency' is anything like a regular occurrence, we have to hope that you (and your colleagues) are taking extra, or is this the root of the problem? Do I hear some bells ringing in the background....................?

NOD - the AAIB have no remit as far as I know other than 'safety' and there was no 'danger' here as I have said. Most of the 'old ground' here revolves around commercial issues and the effect on other operators. AFAIK no-one is questioning the AAIB report?