PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Open Skies at its best!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2007, 09:36
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Behave Animal or I'll click on the "Report this Post" icon and get a Mod on your case!

cunninglinguist.
"Tiger are not the saviour of Oz aviation for the punters..."
Neither are Woolworths, General Motors, BHP, any bank you care to pick, your corner store or any other company in Australia the savior of the Oz punter!! It may surprise you, but Australian company law dictates that their primary mandates are to pay their debts and dividends to their shareholders, in that order.

I don't have a problem with that corporate philosophy! It is a fundamental precept of business, despite many airline pilots thinking the corporate world revolves round their remuneration expectations.

Having said that, I suspect Frank Ball, Reg Ansett, Don Kendal, Jack Masling, Max Hazelton and even Junior Buchanan were the last self made airline executives in Australia to understand their staff were their greatest assets! I learned much from their unique corporate governance skills and in these days of political correctness, very street wise philosophies!

Tough bastards, always wanted their pound of flesh but rewarded productivity and loyalty. I admire them and their great achievements.

Sadly, they are gone from the scene and I'm very glad I'm out of the airline game! The philosophies I learned from these great men guide me in management of the 500 employees I manage!

Last edited by Torres; 15th Jul 2007 at 11:27.