PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aerobatics (again!)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2007, 09:26
looptheloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have to do this!

Yesterday was the Loop magazine and British aerobatic association event at Little gransden. It was a terrific day of friendly competition and was something i would recommend to everyone. The organisation was first class and the quality of instructors and aircraft available for us to use was great- a Slingsby, Cap 10 and a Yak 52 provided something for everyone. Two demonstrations from world class pilots Mark Jeffries and Kester Scrope put us in the mood for what we were about to do.
Everyone who competed was at the same novice level and we were all there to enjoy ourselves and 'have a go at' aerobatics, some people had never done an aerobatic manoevre before others had a few hours of instruction. The judges provided feedback and helped us to improve quite drastically from our first flight to our second. I came away from the competition having had a terrific day and knowing i had learnt a great deal. If you have a sense of daring and are looking for a really fun event to take part in and an opportunity to learn new skills then this is the one for you.
There are still other events taking place around the country this year, if i was you i would sign up for one now!

Last edited by looptheloop; 16th Jul 2007 at 20:18.