PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dell still less than enthusiastic about Vista
Old 15th Jul 2007, 01:13
VH-Cheer Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike Jenvey: That Vista speech recognition clip nearly caused me a hernia.
Office 2007 can be acquired legally and reasonably cheaply using http://www.shoparhive.com/catalog/Office_2007-3-1.html

It's 88 quid or US$175.95 for Office 2007 Professional, full version, not the upgrade. Only two snags:
  1. It's a digital download which might take a while if you don't have a really fast connection. It's about 700Mb which took me about ten minutes over a nominally (supposedly) 17.5Mb/sec link.
  2. The company takes about 24 hours to e-mail you the license code. Don't know why. That's just the way it is. You can install the software and use it up to 49 times I think before having the license code, so it's OK, but I was stressing whether it would be sent or not. It was sent OK, and in slightly under 24 hours.

Seemed like a pretty good deal - the same product (albeit with a set of discs and a load of cardboard packaging) is 4-6 times the price here in the shops. and I can vouch that their process works, and it's a genuine product.
Cheers
VH-CU