PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverstone 2007 Photos...
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2007, 21:36
AFCSoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any gazelles??
Yeah...there should be a snap of G-GAZZ at the top of thread...I think that was the only Gazelle around...

I see you are using a D70, I have just sold mine having had it since a month after launch. Now run a D200.
I have two friends who are pro snappers [Canon 5d/1D MkII and 1Ds Mk11/1D Mk111] who you put to shame.
Are you running the 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR AF ? They look handheld or possibly you are bloody good with a monopod/flex head.
1340 gms means you must have Popeye's arms to be busy for that length of time ! I have the 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR and know how the weight catches up after a while.
Monk...Thanks for the comments. They're much appreciated [but wholly undeserved]!

Yep...All of my shots are handheld with a four year old D70 and an 80-400mmVR. I've been toying with picking up a D200 but keep putting it off to spend the money on new glass instead. After seeing how many shots I missed being only able to shoot 3 FPS at Silverstone, the 5-ish FPS the D200 (or maybe a yet-to-be-released D300) would offer seems pretty attractive.

It also would have been nice to run a second body with a faster lens - the old style (non AF-S) focus on the 80-400 was killing me - I missed a lot of shots waiting for the focus to rack. How have you liked the 70-200 f/2.8? I've heard nothing but good things about it but since I just picked up a 18-200VR I'm wondering if I would have that much use for it. Your thoughts?