PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin Radar
Thread: Darwin Radar
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2007, 18:29
celeritas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever you've been inhaling, drinking or injecting there 44 Wing you should stop because it is making you delusional!! Multiple PANs and Maydays - yeah right!!! And before you get on your high horse - I worked there and I worked there when it was at its busiest!!! Complex; yeah occasionally but generally only when there was multiple fighter recoveries (during Exercise periods) that wanted individual instrument approaches no MARSA (Why.... because they could) and during the vagaries of the wet season when there were big diversions going on due to WX. The Darwin TMP makes no sense since traffic levels have dwindled over the years..... could it be that the TMP was implemented to guard against the possibility of radar failure? This all singing, all dancing radar that you spruke has had reliability issues over the years due to high heat and humidity, any wonder that AsA don't use the feed if it has proven to be unreliable in the past. Could it be that the RAAF don't want anyone to use their bat and ball because AsA are picking the best players for their team? If you are not an ADF controller 44 Wing, then why be an apologist for that corporation unless you are of course the mouthpiece for 44 Wing!!
For everyone else following this don't jump on the people at the coalface as they are just doing what they are told to do, fortunately for them now there is an alternative to life in blue and they are being actively sought. As a DN SATCO once said to me as I was nearing the end "If you don't like what you are being told to do, then don't be a hypocrite and continue to take the paycheck; resign!!" I DID!!!!