PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East lost its golden touch!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2007, 16:26
Lock n' Load

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arms2serve - who are you aiming your post at? Only two posts in this thread mention Islam;
1. Mine saying that Ramadan is tough for a non-Muslim; and
2. Earl mentioning that some Saudis tried to convert him.

There are no mentions at all of any other religion, and none suggesting the primacy of any religion over any other! Or are you pointing at the Saudis?

FWIW, if you do happen to have a strong religious faith, whatever that faith may be, of course you believe your faith/religion has more validity than any other. I am not a Muslim, but I would doubt the faith of any Muslim who didn't believe that their view of God was the correct one! No one says I have to agree with them...
Many would argue that it is their duty to spread the word of God - it's certainly an article of faith within most Christian denominations. The big difference between the west and the middle east is that here in the Gulf it is illegal to attempt to convert anyone to a faith other than Islam. In the west, any faith and many cults are free to spread their message.

So, there you have it. One benefit of life in the UAE - no Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons ringing the doorbell at 10am when you've been working all night!!!