PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC Diary
Thread: MCC Diary
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2007, 14:18
p1_aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCC course

Hi guys,

This might help or might not for those of you planing to do your MCC.
I did mine at EAAC (European Aviation Air Charter) in Bournemouth. It was a 8 day course, Wednesday to friday doing ground school, then a break for the weekend, followed by 5 days in the sim. You do it with one other person, and the allocated 4 hours a day are split 2 hours as pilot flying and 2 hours as pilot monitoring.
The sim i was on was a Tristar L1011 however, they were just installing a B737-200 i think, which they said they will also be using once it is up and running.
The instruction is good, and the bonus of EAAC is that they own the sims, so once your 4 hours is over, as long as the sim is not booked out to anyone else, they turn the motion off and you can continue for free.
After having completed the MCC, i feel that it really doesn't matter what aircraft you do the MCC in, however, i would say doing it in a full motion heavy jet sim will help you when it comes to the sim check.
This is only my opinion, i havn't experianced any other MCC providers, so can't really compare, but i am happy having done mine with EAAC. If anyone would like more info, please feel free to contact me.