PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2007, 01:58
Flyrules

Hey Jess,

Looking at all the information they sent us, I think you dont need to worry about that. It says:"To be issued on company letterhead and signed by the company designated official only" (you obviously dont have one at the moment). You are right, I am sure they are aware of your current employment status.

They do ask, however, for 2 reference letters from your previous employer (must be stamped by them). This information is in the body of the "Offer of Employment" email. Notice it says that if you have already submitted the same to the recruitment officer at the final interview, you must ignore that requirement.

I remember during our final interview, there were some candidates who never had a job. Those were asked for 2 reference letters from professors at school. So if that is your case, I`d go ahead and submit 2 of those letters. I mean, the same applies for any job when you have just graduated from college.

Most likely, if they ask people for reference letters from their actual employer followed by a confirmation of resignation, is because they want to make sure you left your job in good terms (you didnt just ran away or vanished from your current job, that just doesn`t look good) and that your contract with them is over. Again, this may not be your case.

Not sure if this will help but I hope it somehow does

FlyRules

Last edited by Flyrules; 14th Jul 2007 at 02:46.