PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2007, 00:06
TCR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in a similar position as many who have posted on this thread.
I passed my 1st stage in April, only to be gutted by my "failing" of the online personality questionnaire a couple of weeks later, much to my disappointment and frustration.

I really think us applicants should at the very least have the chance to experience a proper interview before progressing (or not in my case) to the next stage of the interview process.

The personality questionnaires are like a lottery; people claim that there are mechanisms within the questionnaires that can calculate one's honesty, or sense certain contradictions, but I was 100% honest in mine, and still managed to fail them. Of course, I could've answered the questionnaire falsely (i.e. choosing answers which seem the most correct), and I expect many other applicants have done this, and advanced to Stage 2. However I would expect this method to be a lottery in terms of the success rate.

I simply don't feel that a person can be judged in terms of their personality, attitude or aptitude for this job simply by answering simple repeated questions.

I welcome any views that challenge my opinion.