PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East lost its golden touch!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2007, 22:03
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do agree with you. I sometimes wonder if I would be better off driving myself to work if it came to a big accident. I have no doubt I would fair better if I was driving in a large SUV and being a defensive driver, but I weigh the risks of that against the minor fender benders with the resultant hardships of that, as compared to the risk of being killed in an audi.
It does concern me and I will speak up at any and all times that I think the driver is being less than cautious. I do it in a nice way and I have never had a driver not respond to my concerns in a proper manner, at least considering what he was doing prior to my intervention.
I always keep in mind that these poor bastards are not properly trained, and are overworked but the bottom line is that its my health or perhaps even my life in their hands. I encourage all of us to politely make it known that if a driver's performance is not indicative of a safe driver, to be understanding yet forcefully voice our concerns. I have been hit by idiots when I was going to work and each time it was not my drivers fault, yet leading up to each incident if I was the driver I would have backed off much earlier and likely, or at least hopefully avoided the accident.

Last edited by mensaboy; 15th Jul 2007 at 04:08.