PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2007, 18:40
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gimme a break!

Haven't you ever heard of the requirements for recurrency, "three take-offs and landings within the last 90 days?" Well, this is how you do it when you are in a hurry.

I once had my post-flight paperwork interrupted by a young man standing outside the Dornier, staring at me through the little "whiskey hatch." You know that "eyes on the back of your neck" feeling... I went "eyes left" and there was this guy just staring at me.

I raised my eyebrows in polite inquiry, when he said, "That was not a good landing." (Actually, I think it was the FO's landing but never mind.)

I told him, very politely, that he must be new here.

"Why is that?"

"Well, otherwise you would know that when I do a really bad landing they have to change the broken light bulbs in the airport cafe. This one was really nice by my standards."

"Well, that was still not a good landing."

"Okay. Thank you for that. Is there anything else?" No answer came so that I went back to filling out the tech log and when I looked again he was gone.

Actually I had a mad impulse to ask him to come up real close to the hatch and then do that Three Stooges thing where you stick two fingers in his eyes, but I had already upset the Chief Pilot once that week and I figured I had better just ride this one out.

I thought this was for helicopter pilots, so why are we seeing pictures of proper aircraft? God knows there are enough embarrassing videos of helicopters doing lousy landings so that I would suggest not picking on me!