PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Arabia - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Jul 2007, 15:01
W Weasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes they do have a S/O program and a quite a number of S/Os have already finished their line work have been released to the line and are making some money. I am assuming you have the Type already. It really depends on how many hours you have? Have you any other experience: i.e. Flight Instructing, Charter, Small Corporate, Night Bank flying etc. It also depends on how tied up the training department is.

Right now there are a lot of F/O upgrades and training is really running at top speed. Any sim time and instructor time is going to those guys (as well as DECs coming from other airlines.) So to answer your question again, the answer is yes they do hire S/Os. What % I could not tell you and have no idea. Out of 150 pilots or so the last few years I’d say 7-10 were S/Os that came through and are now on the line or have moved on to other carriers. There are also 3 or 4 in the pipeline right now at various stages.

In reality, as with just about any job, it will come down to the interview. They like you and think you will fit into the operation, and then you’ll probably make it. But then that is just my opinion. Give it a shot, send the resume and fill out the application and all you can loose is a stamp and some time.

Burners and out!