PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2007, 19:17
Locarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thats it - I just returned from Stage 3 and...
I was unsuccessful.
Well...kind of.

I got re-invited back! So I must have just missed it!
I reckon it was because my age. I'm only 18 so I think that worked against me, I don't think I was mature enough.

As for the person above me - just spill your heart out. Having no flying experience will not work against you and they do love younger people. Just as long as they are mature.
I was re-invited to apply in a year as I showed a lot of "potential" and I actually thats better than getting in first time because I know exactly what I need to get in and I should be EXTREMELY well prepared next year.

Oh and as for the 4 questions - thats just up to you, and you alone. No one can help you with that - just structure it well, indruduce - prove/explain - conclude.

They want to know you WANT this, and they want to see that you're prepared to put in the work.

I know you'll be thinking "pfft, I don't want to take advice from a guy that just failed" but trust me, I was BEYOND prepared. I looked at every angle and I had every base covered (except the one major other part that I probably failed on).

Anyways what I'm saying is - I'm HAPPY I was unsuccessful because the experience I have gained is exceptional and I now feel even more determined to take on the world. I KNOW I'll be a damn good pilot, I just need someone else to take that chance.

If you think what the heck, this guy seems alright, email me on [email protected] . I've got a lot of contacts that got me where I am today that have shared a lot of information with me. Feel free to get in touch.

Jason.