PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Interview
Thread: FI Interview
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2007, 18:48
Ex Oggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There may be a shortage, but any half decent school that has a reputation (a good one!) will not employ just anybody who comes along, and more than a few have been invited to leave at the end of their probation. Usually an employer is looking for enthusiasm more than anything. Will your studs enjoy flying with you? will you fit in the the other staff? are you reliable and flexible? The knowledge will build with experience and good coaching.

Make a point of saying hello to everyone in the club, staff or not, smile loads and be super courtious! It makes all the difference in a school environment.

Check how long the slots are for lessons. If they are short i.e. less than 1½ hours, make sure you shorten your briefing accordingly, and start by saying "I asked you to read up on this next exercise the last time we flew". During the checkflight, make sure you cover the key learning point of each AirEx you are asked to demonstrate. Keep safety high on your agenda, but make the flight with the 'student' fun for them! Don't forget to check the NOTAMS, RA(T), defects & hours for the aircraft before signing it out.

I hope this helps a little.

XO