PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East lost its golden touch!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2007, 18:17
critical winge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Middle East lost its golden touch!!

Of all the other world airline forums, the M E has the 2nd largest usage (behind Africa). Well Africa has it's problems, NO MONEY TO PAY THE CREWS. The ME has it's problems, IT DOESN'T WANT TO PAY ANY MONEY TO THE CREWS. The greed of all the ME carriers has become legendary, despite inflation and currency movements, for eg: in UAE the salary has barely moved 20% up in 20 years. 20 years ago it would have made you more wealthy, now it make you less wealthy.
For ANYONE even thinking about a move to the ME, YOU WILL REGRET IT IN THE FUTURE< I CAN ASSURE YOU!! > Just look at your own area and see that you have laws, rules, justice and a fair days work for a fair days income. Here the money is not bad, but it is extremely expensive now. Compared to say 5 years ago, fuel has more than doubled and this list is endless.. If you are thinking about it, think for about a minute and then thank your lucky stars you read these forums. If you do come, I guarantee you the grass is not greener in the dessert, as you can imagine there is NO GRASS. The only OASIS of life support in the dessert is secretly kept hidden for those in the know, the locals!!
YOU will regret it in the long term, your WIFE will, also will your KIDS ever forgive you. The choice or decision is like sitting on an ejector seat in a crashing fighter airplane. If there is any doubt, there is no doubt. But would you have got into the machine if you new the machine is faulty and might fail at any time, poorly maintained? Thats the ME airlines for you!!
Stay on your seniority list and keep your family values, here you might loose both!!