PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Hot Weather Ops Recommendations ..is there any ?
Old 11th Jul 2007, 21:33
K.Whyjelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus in the Heat

Hot weather conditions may cause high temperatures to be detected around the bleed ducts in the wings, resulting in spurious 'AIR L (R) WING LEAK' warnings.
On the A330, my mob recommends that during transit stops the slats remain in CONFIG 1 after landing, when the OAT is greater than +30c.

On the A319,320,321 the above procedure results in significantly reduced clearances from the flaps and the flap fairings in particular. This may impede fuel bowsers from driving underneath or from out under the wing. There is also an increased risk of damage to the aircraft and/or personnel if flaps/slats remain extended during transit. We are advised to minimise the possibility of the aircraft being damaged by fully retracting the flaps/slats on the A320 family as normal after landing. If an 'AIR L(R) WING LEAK 'caution has occurred then after liaising with the ground crew the 'Y ELEC 'pump may be used to pressurise the hydraulics and the flaps selected to '1+F'

Its been a long day and this is all that immediately comes to mind but if I think of any more I'll be back.

p.s get the cabin crew to close all the window blinds on turnarounds to help keep the cabin temps down!!