PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2007, 16:50
Leito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon after you graduate you will have roster a date with your batch mates to go to the American Consulate in Dubai to get your visa, (only working visa R C1/D and it's valid for 5 years), the aplication will be filled out during the first week in Dubai, that's why it's always a very good idea to bring at least 20 photos because you will be filling out lots of paper work. Every one will go to get the visa because at the moment we have 3 dayly flights to JFK and in December we start to go to Huston, next year there will be more North American destinations, so all crew will get it, they might be some nationalities that don't get it, but most will.

There is not any extra ULR training, so, any one will fly those destinations provided that they have the visa.

During training you will be doing exams nearly every second day, some written, some practicals, some open questions, they try to make it as fun and diverse as possible because although it's a very seriuos stuf the trainers know that you will learn better having fun, so, I can only tell you that for those six weeks you won't have a life, your life will be around training college and your books at home, study study and study .

The swiming pool it's freeeeeeezing, but you will have to get in it with the life jacket, also a t-shirt, jeans and socks, and all you will have to do is get back on the slide raft, no swiming contest I'm afraid and no extra points for "style" either je je je.

Missworld, get on the website habibi, www.emiratesgroupcareers.com and do some research, there is plenty of info in there and posted here, when I came to Dubai I didn't know anything and I survived, so some times you have to take a chance, once again, it's the good attitude that allows me to stay this long here and you have the choice every single day to have the best flight of your life or the worst, it's not the pax nor it's the rest of your colleagues, it's YOU !!!

Good luck !!!

Leo