PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2007, 10:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fAPTL via Integrated or fATPL with a TR via Modular at Stapleford?

Hi all - this is my first posting on here and it's a really important one for me!

I am hoping that you guys and girls will be able to give me some ssistance and words of advice please?

Briefly, I am currently 11 hours into training towards my PPL(A) and I have been bitten by the proverbial bug! So I am looking into taking my training further and going for my fATPL. I am 37, so I appreciate that I have to do something quickly and realise that I will have to leave a comfortable, fairly well paid job to go full time.

I have already done a fair amount of research and I have searched this forum and found plenty of good stuff regarding Integrated, Modular and Stapleford. Obviously I have been investigating what is best for my personal set of circumstances as opposed to what might be considered the best for someone generally. I appreciate that the pros and cons of the Integrated and Modular routes, so I don't wish to go over old ground.

My question that I would be very grateful to receive your advice on is what is considered the most desirable to a potential employer, given that both routes cost roughly the same?

An fATPL obtained via an Integrated course or an fATPL with all training carried out at Stapleford Flight Centre (possibly minus the PPL) and a Type Rating?

This isn't meant to be the perennial debate regarding which route is best, but I'm looking for advice on what is the best end product? So I would be very grateful to hear what people think regarding having an fAPTL via the Integrated route or an fATPL with a Type Rating via Modular at Stapleford?

Many thanks for your help.