PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2007, 21:58
Leito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I joined, (8 years ago ) I brought money with me but never used it as what they gave us was enough, then again some people will buy everything on the first month, (mobile phone, laptop, I-pod, etc, etc) which you dont really need straight away, but there again it's up to you, you can open the bank account streight away and they will offer you credit card and loan and the whole circus, please be careful, I suggest you to stay away from loans because they are a never ending story, unless of course you need it for something urgent, but you guys are old enough to know this.

The most used banks by the crew I believe are HSBC and Mashrek Bank, how ever there are lots and lots more, so, do take you time and do some research on them before signing in and open an account as they offer you different things and packages. I believe that bringing a couple of thousend dollars wouldn't be a bad idea, but honestly you'll do fine as during the 6 very intense weeks of training you won't have time to spend it as you will be studying everyday.

During those 6 weeks you will get the basic salary, about 1000 u$s a month and on the first day you will be given your uniform, everything, including suit case, shoes, socks, the lot!!, so I believe that the last day of the 1st week you will be wearing it already, maybe earlier, they will let you know.

You will be trained in all the aircrafts, A332, A343, A345, B772 and B773, (all that with the ER and ULR variants, but its all the same) and once that you graduate you will be flying them all.

About the hotel, I dont know, some times that happens when they have too many crew training and not enough accomodatuion ready, maybe its for a couple of weeks, maybe for longer. The hotel is good because they clean it up for you, but then again you can't cook, therefore you will be spending in restaurant, so I can't tell you anything about that.

You will have a bus that will take you to the training college and back and of course that the dry cleaning of your uniform is free, there is a dry cleaning facility at the training college, and by the way, you might start training in the new college that it's simply amazing, it's all new and has the three simulators, two moving ones, A332/343/345 and B772/773 and a fix A380 all next to the swimimg pool, you wont believe your eyes !!!.

Once again I hope that this info helped, take care !!!

Leo