PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEAN again
Thread: LEAN again
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2007, 21:39
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents I am a big fan of LEAN if applied correctly and sytematically across the board going from your supplier (BWOS in the main) to your customer, Osama Da Bin Liner

It needs to be thought out very carefully and not used by some Fu**wit Rupert as a promotion tool.

Most Civvie LEAN consultants wouldn't understand the problems in mil Flying and would push the changes thru with Bullsh*t and bluster to justify their own existance.

My experience is about 40% of civvy places can be improved with little cost doing a mix of LEAN and 5S, the remaining 60% costs big bucks.

Their main problem is that the 40% has already been done by the blokes on the shopfloor looking for an easier and quieter life.........

Oh and most of the time JIT turns into JTFL if you don't have a little bit of fat at some point in the system,

If you have the fat don't rely on it day to day and when the midden hits the windmill you can scrape through.

If anyone is ever in plymouth way I would love to discus the stuff over a small drinky.

Mine's a Large Glenfiddich Solera