PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2007, 19:57
FlyerChris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEDAR

Please count me in!

11) FlyerChris

Hi chaps, great forum. I have been battling this restriction for the best part of 21 years!! I have been instructing for the last 19 years and have a JAR CPL/IR ME FI SE/ME 7000hrs. I'm currently earning a good living out of flying instuction but would dearly love to advance my skills and spend the next 20years flying airliners around the world. I've never given up hope. Like everyone else my medical is resricted to daylight non public transport flights and is NOT restricted to VFR; indeed i teach instrument flying on a daily basis under IFR. I also hold an Australian CPL which is unrestricted provided that flights are within Australian airspace.
I have pretty much failed every colour vision test in the book, some by a narrow margin. I have never had a problem with colours in aviation and regularly use the PAPIs as a back up on instument runways without any problems whatsoever. I even advise students with normal colour vision when they are not adhearing to the glidepath using the PAPI system, how bizarre is that! That just proves it all.
I participated in the City Uni colour vision test on behalf of the CAA and was diagnosed as a mild to moderate protanamolous trichromate. I found the PAPI test easy and quite practical.
The time has come for a change, a fair and just change that the residents of the USA and Australia have enjoyed for many years. Keep up the good work!

FlyerChris.

Last edited by FlyerChris; 10th Jul 2007 at 20:36.