PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2007, 13:44
sitigeltfel

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
1 Grp Ops Bawtry, 1970s.

Air 2 (wee Scottish terrier) wanders in to check on the status of his Buccaneers out at Red Flag. Seeing nothing on the board he snaps “where are my Buccaneers?” Anonymous voice from other side of the room replies “same place as always Jock, on the side of your buccin-ead”.

The AOC (PJL) was meticulous in his arrival time for morning prayers and would always press the buzzer on the outer security door at bang on nine o’clock….. to the second. After a few months he appeared to be around seven seconds late some mornings and no one could figure out why he had relaxed his standards. One of the Ops staff mentioned it to his ADC in the bar and was assured that the AOC always checked his watch with TIM, would set off from his office and come down the Met office stairs at the correct moment. After a few weeks somebody twigged, a new watch corporal was setting the ops room clock on the first beep of TIM, not the last. This meant that 1 Grp were always a few seconds ahead of the rest of the RAF (nothing new there then!)