PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2007, 12:50
Leito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The apartments are very different from each others, most buildings have gym and pool and the ones that don't, they have it near by, we also get the chance to use for free the gym and pool facilities on some hotels.

The flats are not service, if you mean "maid", but its very cheap to share with your flat mates for a weekly cleaner service, it's up to you.

The location again is very different as they are lots of EK accomodations, some are close by shops some aren't, so, it's the luck of the day I guess, regarding local transport, I must admit that I have never been on a bus in Dubai, so I can't really tell you much about it, but taxis are widely available and if you get along with your flat mates you can share the taxis to the supermarket or things like that, most crew buy car shortly after joining because it ends up being cheaper than taking taxis everyday, then again it's totally up to you and it all depends where your flat is located because you might not even need to buy car.

There is a pick up bus before your flight and a drop off bus after your flight that thakes you from your building to the training college / briefing center and back.

The flats are 2 or 3 bedrooms, some have the bathroom inside, some on the corridor, some you might have to share the bathroom, but the bedroom is yours and you don't share it, (well, unless you find some one special ) je je je. There is a corfew from 01:00 to 07:00 when no one outside EK can stay in your flat, how ever if the guest is EK then it's no problem.

The flats are fully furnished, there is everything except TV, audio system, etc., however all kitchen stuf is there including fridge, washing machine / dryer, bed stuf. So, there is no need to buy anything major, and if you live in a place that someone is already living then there is no need to buy TV and lots of stuf as most flat mates are ok and will share it.

You will be given advances of money back you will have to pay back all of it, apart from 500 DHS that is "a welcome gift", I would recomend that you bring some extra cash as it's difficult at the begining to get yourself sorted because you are not earning that much money as you will be in training college for 6 weeks and then you will start flying, so for at least 3 months your salary wont be that good.

I hope that this have helped a bit, regarding the pictures I have to agree with the rest, it's impossible to send you any because it's all very different from one to the other but over all it's fine and you won't be making any mistake. Go for it !!!

Leo