PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what are the degrees you can take to be an airline pilot
Old 10th Jul 2007, 08:34
Life's a Beech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying for rent/house; plus bills; plus food; now heres the good bit: university, all with what? a flight instructors wage?
Errrmm, that was not what I suggested. Even though a flight instuctor earns a damned sight more than ... now here's teh good bit ... a student

Why go to university, if he doesn't want to study any particular subject? Given the question we are responding to, he obviously doesn't. Why study "...aeronautical engineering, physics, avionics..."? They are of no significant help to becoming a pilot, which is the case in point.

Groundloop

It appears you have little idea of what a traditional, academic degree looks like. Every course in these subjects emphasises study in a different way from school, with far more emphasis on self study, culminating in some element of original research, with a major project or a dissertation, depending on the nature of the subject. Having lived with students of non-academic courses at a "new university" these courses are very different from mine. They were far more like college courses.

I cannot see any relevance to the external examiners, if the external approver has also redefined the degree.

TTango

If it is not simply a diploma, then what original research did you carry out in your degree?