PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways
Thread: Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2007, 03:28
hehe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi ChicDolly, I really liked your message about how well was the company when AAB came on board. But it seems to me like there are allready ten years pased since that day and it's getting worse. I mean, they should put the management in QA as a study case for the big schools of management from all around the world at the section: "Whatever is the problem you have to fix, JUST DON'T DO LIKE THAT!" I's funny somehow the way they say you're there for money and you have to accept any kind of treatement they give you. But you know, it's proved that people tend to improve their condition more and more. There are some stages that every person is aiming and once they reached what they had to reach, then they will focus for the next one. If I have a good food on my table then I will go for a good house, after I get that I will look for some good studies to develop myself, after I get that, then I will look for a nice and helpfull social life and so on and so fort... This is not happening in QA. They don't really give that much credit on the people needs, so they will never improve this. The fluctuation of people is actually a huge problem in QA right now and it's affecting their image and business a lot, but maybe there is somebody to proud to accept that it may be something wrong with their way of managing people. Yes, we have to admit that they achieved lots of good things in the industry, but you can still not compare them with somebody like Emirates. Emirates - wow! - it's first of all a huge grup that strongly support the airline, then we are talking about a mature company while QA is still a baby in the aviation. Emirates is focusing on development being, practicaly, at the centre of the aviation world (locationwise on the map) and they are so smart to take advantage of that. Only, to come back to the topic, they know that for the development you need experienced people to reach your targets. In the same time QA is transforming their people into some frustrated workforce. How can you still be 5th in the world in these conditions?! Well, that's a mistery to me.
On the other hand, you said about the time when AAB became the CEO. Well his achievements are not really that much thinking of the support he had during these years. For an example of fast growth, we can take a look at Etihad - 3 years?!!!! And they come with smart improvements. They add value for the pax in a really convenient way for them as well for their guests. They came with flat seats in FC and JC on most of the aircrafts, change that will be there forever, while QA came with a very expansiv service for the company and they are in delay a lot introducing it on, at list, all long hall flights. What a shame!!!!
Well, you were right saing that if Alinaqatarcrew is on the edge of her comfort there, then she should hurry to go away. Staing there more is just a waste of time.
All the best for you!