PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2007, 18:12
shambles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read This!!!! Before Choosing This School

Speaking from personal experience and the experience of others I know have attended this school, I would stay well clear!!!
Several areas let this school down; In order; The Management, The Flight school Operations, Lack of Maintainance, The Poor Standard of Training, The treatment and attitude towards the students, and of course Accomodation.

The Management are responsible for all of the problems in the school as these problems are nearly all a result of their attitude.

D. Limberacus is meant to be the Operations Manager and yet couldn't give a flying **** about whats happening in operations. He seems to do as little as possible and is more concerned if students are wearing ties than anything else so the school looks nice to outsiders (meanwhile are toilets where left like a stinking pit for months!) He treats both staff and students like idiot children.

They dont pay instructors for anything other than flight time and expect them to do all the administration, scheduling and pre/ post flight briefs for free. Consequently the instructors are reluctant to give briefing and are not happy with the management.

There is only one MEIR instructor and he is also fed up and it becomes apparent in the training, as he will take you on the same route, same approaches all the way though your MEIR. No NDB holds or approaches and certainly no groundschool. (*for a school who claims UK Standards where NDB procedures are fundamental, this is a unacceptable) (The schools website still claims they have UK instructors, when they do not. They fired the last UK Instructor some weeks back for trivial reasons, he was apparently the only well liked instructor in the school.
You can forget about flying in the UK if you train in this school. How can you expect to pass a sim check after such poor training. Oh and once you complete your training you have to pass a mock test with the CFI who tests you on things you've never been trained on, fails you and tells you that you need another 5 hours (this is after 50hrs training!! at a cost of c.1700 euros!)
The flying schedule changes literally up to 20 times a day. You will have to spend from 07:30 until 20:00 most days hoping to get a flight, and besides, the one little minibus goes from the school to the accommodation when the owners feel like it and only once!
The aircraft are always in maintainance with never more than 2 single engines available at any one time, and the only multi available half of the time. Very often there is only one single engine.
Having done some flying out in greece and in the uk, the RT and procedures are so poor in Greece you would struggle immensely to fly in UK. The ATC simply haven't got a clue out there! Its unbelievabley bad.

What else, hmm, oh the ATPL is a complete rip off. Offering and charging for full time ground school and then sticking students in front of a computer every day with no instructor is a joke. The students haven't got anyone to explain anything to them. They aren't allowed to bring a drink into the room either, which again to me is treating them like children!

Accommodation is a crap hole, its as simple as that! I wouldn't want to stay there for a day, let alone a week or a YEAR!!!
There is No Internet. There was internet in the school but that went months ago. This to me is a total disregard for the students welfare and underlines the attitude of the management. Students have lives other than in Egnatia, accounts, bills, properties etc to keep up to date with. These days Internet is Essential, simple as that. and for about 20euros a month in total for the school, whats the problem...

Like I say, most of the problems i have mentioned come from the managements attitude. All they want is your £££££££. If you do for some crazy reason decide to go there, Pay as you GO!

I have painted a bleak picture here and that is because it is the way it is. Do I want to hurt the schools reputation? Yes and I want this to give them a wake up call, but it wont because they listen to NOBODY about ANYTHING.

Yes this place is cheap but at a MASSIVE cost.