PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2007, 17:49
mccdatabase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 more A330`s plus 5 more A321`s

Dear Colleague

As you know the board has over recent months been reviewing its strategy for the development of new mid haul and long haul routes from Heathrow. I am delighted to tell you that the main board has unanimously authorised the acquisition of ten additional aircraft to our current fleet to support our strategy.

An additional five Airbus A330 aircraft valued at around $500m will join the three similar aircraft that we now operate with the first additional aircraft expected to be delivered in Spring 2008.

In addition, following on from our acquisition of BMED earlier in the year, bmi will also take delivery of five new Airbus A321 aircraft valued at $250m. This will enable us to further expand our medium haul network.

This is tremendous news for us and enables us to implement our strategy to further develop our long and medium haul route networks over the coming years. It will give us the headroom to introduce new routes and services as well as the ability to increase capacities on existing destinations where the demand exists.

As we move forward towards the full integration of the former BMED network I hope very soon to be able to tell you of our plans for the forthcoming winter period that commences on 28th October. This will include enhanced frequencies as well as new routes. I also expect to be able to let you know shortly about our specific network plans for our long haul operations.

The board and the shareholders’ approval for these ten additional aircraft is a clear indication that they have every confidence in the business and its growth and development and it sends out a clear message of their continued support and commitment to bmi.

Kind regards