PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has NB finally left the EY Building!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2007, 16:59
planecrazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Togalk,
Point taken, however I just didn't want to start another thread (there is enough on EY already), and I wanted to see what the guys thought about where the pilots come from, when NB had everyone working so hard to start with. Bearing in mind that this story mentions in the beginning that something was signed between UAE, Etihad and Nepal. Maybe the Dubai part is incorrect. Some how the new schedulers need to find more hours out of pilots, or new pilots fast.

Anybody know anything more?

So I will put it back here:

Etihad Airways starting flights to Nepal
Web posted at: 7/6/2007 2:28:3
Source ::: IANS
kathmandu • With the signing of a bilateral labour agreement between Nepal and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Etihad Airways of the UAE will start flights to Nepal this autumn.
UAE labour minister Ali bin Abdullah Al Ka'abi winded up his three-day visit to Nepal on Wednesday with the announcement that the Arab airline will start Dubai-Kathmandu flights from October 28, if things go as per schedule.
Currently, Etihad flies to 43 destinations in the Gulf, Europe, South Asia, North America and Oceania.
With the entry of Etihad, there will be four Arab airlines linking Nepal with the Gulf, a lucrative sector for airlines with tens of thousands of Nepalis heading there to work.
The other three are Qatar Airways, Gulf Air and budget airline Air Arabia. Nepal's national carrier Nepal Airlines also operates flights to Dubai.
This could mean increased competition for Air India, which is trying to woo Nepali workers going abroad to go via Indian cities.
Over 600,000 blue-collar Nepali workers are currently employed in the Gulf, with the UAE itself accounting for about 150,000.
UAE will also open a liaison office in Kathmandu to facilitate the flow of migrant workers and their recruitment.
Al Ka'abi, who signed a labour agreement with his Nepali counterpart Ramesh Lekhak, minister of state for labour and transport, said the pact would protect workers' rights.