PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Airspace Sector maps
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2007, 16:18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash-7 lover

I don't think it would be that useful to you. It is primarily for the internal management of the whole London Area Control airspace system. Sectorisation allows a massive throughput of traffic with minimal co-ordination, sectors can be joined [or "bandboxed" as we say] or split in several combinations depending on traffic demand///availability of conditional routes///staff numbers..etc.
I applaud your thinking, but D-I-Y ATC is a non starter, we'll give you the best deal that we can. Come and plug in with us for a shift at Swanwick..you'll be very welcome.
Coffee-milk-sugar only 17p except on management top floor where it is only 16p [put in 20p get 4p change...I make £7.20p per year!!]
Unless you're asleep by now, here is an example:
At BCN airspace up to FL165 controlled by Cardiff//FL165 to FL265 by sector 23 [134.75]//FL265 to FL335 by sector 5 [133.6]//FL335 and above by sector 35 [135.255]. Strumble is sector 8 [129.375] which may be combined with sector 35 etc etc!......the permutations numerous.
Several procedures may seem restrictive to you, but the odd peculiar extended hold-down or early descent is to keep you out of a particular sector so that you don't need a sector slot......that slot has gone to another aircraft which would otherwise be delayed.
See you soon I hope.