PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2007, 11:43
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are indeed right about people leaving SFLGW, howver, just my humble thought, it's not very nice to make lgw base look like c**p. BA doesn't bully anyone into joining, yes they might offer lgw when it's available but for my experience the people who offer courses know nothing anout what's coming up (I worked for the training admin when grounded and I never knew anything in advance myself) so if they say we do not know how long it'll take to place you on a LHR course it's because they do not know what the plan is in advance!!!)

There are good and bad points for both bases, but the last thing we want is new but annoyed crew to join our base because they believe they have been "bullied" into comin to LGW.At the end of the day nobody signs for them, the responsibility is only theirs. Things are a bit different from when you and I joined, now you know what you're applying for and you can stick to what you want, even if it cantake years.

LGW is not as bad as it is described by who doesn't work there, it's true it's facing some problems now as many people (particularly new crew) have left and I believe that one of the many reasons is because of all the negativity that goes around. Unfortunately grumpy people are contagious!!!

Last edited by flybywire; 10th Jul 2007 at 19:08.