PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armavia A-320 accident report now available
Old 9th Jul 2007, 10:52
Engine3firehandle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shall I start my long list for Boeing, Douglas or Bombadier etc.. ?

Shall I start my long list for Boeing, Douglas or Bombadier etc.. ?
The problem is not Airbus or Boeing. It is humans that are not unfailable and are on the wrong track mentaly. And the pilots might not have had enough or poor training.
The differences between airline quality is in one part, how much they spent on crewtraining. But will never be accounted for.
I would wish, I could see a benchmark about crewtraining compared to accidents.
But that is an almost impossible task. The more training you give as an operator the less accidents you can expect.
That is the truth, not that the FMA is not good. Which you will find, by the way, also on other aircraft.
Me, flying presently an American Heavy aircraft and been flying Airbuses and Fokkers as well. I can tell you, the system is basic, easy and almost foolproof.
Fly an engine failure at T/O on an A346 and just do absolutely nothing, yes nothing. The aircraft will continue climbing in a very shallow turn with about 8-10 NM diameter and return to the old place with constant height gain.
Do it in cruise, do again absolutely nothing, shallow descent and straight flight. One wing slightly lowered by 2degrees bank.
Try it in the SIM and you will be surprised.
But pilots are from their personality more conservative then the average human being and more unable to make changes in their personal habits and opinions.
Donīt be afraid about airbus. They build very nice aircraft and that is good and brings Boeing to the point, that they got to change from old a/c to newer technologies and better a/c to compete.
S***, again that Boeing-Airbus thing

Last edited by Engine3firehandle; 9th Jul 2007 at 10:54. Reason: tipo