PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st Stage...
Thread: 1st Stage...
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2007, 10:07
trafficcontrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Stage...

Hi all, this isn't your usual first stage question but it was playing on my mind. I was 18 yesterday and so applied to Nats. I have always wanted to become an ATCO and have spent many days of many weeks at LTCC working in the training section as volunteer work / work experience with people such as Al Murray and Alan Cuthbert with plugging in the ops room a frequent occurance too etc. Likewise I have made several visits to both Luton and heathrow control tower's.

My question is, my parents are planning on coming with me. Now personally i don't have a problem with this, they say they want to support me as its always been my dream. However, i too don't have a problem making it by myself, after all I am a "big boy" now and don't have any issues with going it alone.
To the point, finally, would it be frowned upon by nats personel if my parents were around, or even in the vicinity of the process? The last thing i want to come across to people is that im a "little Lamb" being guided, but they are only trying to be supportive....

any comments?

Kind regards,

Sam
TC