PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for KAL?
Thread: Flying for KAL?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2007, 17:30
400drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am with CCL and I'm happy with them. They pay on time and answer any question you have normally with in 24 hours. The interview is straight forward I think what the are looking for is how well you will fit in with the KAL way of doing things. One of the questions I was asked was how would I feel if I had a mx issue and the FO talked with mx control. The sim check was straight forward as well. One thing to remember is that they are looking for stable approaches by 1000' haa. On the 400 check I did the vor to 33R using vnav. The wx is set to where you will break out at 1500 feet but your high on the papi so you need to get down on the papi but not get a sink rate call. As I recall 1500 fpm was plenty but do not delay once you pick up the papi. I used the procedures and QRH of the airline I was flying at at the time which they said was fine.

Life on the 777 is about the same as the 400 but I am not sure about the 737 because that fleet is mainly domestic and I'm not sure what there trips are like.

Hope that helps a bit.

Ed