PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for KAL?
Thread: Flying for KAL?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2007, 16:18
400drvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAL Flying

I have been with KAL for 8 months now and I'm glad to be here. DH to and from your elected base is in first class and on days on. I have 14 days off this month. I elected SEA as my base and there is a new push to get ex-pats in and out if their base more frequently. This month I will be at my base twice which will allow me to spend 2 additional nights at home.
The crew members have been very good to me and I think they realize that in order to continue to expand they will need more ex-pats.
The training is done with Alteon and I have found them to be very good with mostly retired ex-pat pilots from many international airlines. I just took a 6 month check and was delighted to see that we actually spent time training on the first day and not just ticking off boxes.
Initial training was a long process, for me it was 11 weeks with only one 11 day break between ground school and simulator training.
When in Incheon we stay at the Hyatt at the airport, very nice hotel and the staff is great. We get a 50% deal in the restaurant and pretty good deal on laundry which is returned normally with in 4 hours.
I guess it's a matter of preception as far as it being a good place to work but for me KAL is much better than where I came from.
Cheers