PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Fitness Test - Soon to be twice a year!
Old 6th Jul 2007, 21:44
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of the things I have read here today are just unbelievable and quite frankly I think most of you are talking bollacks.

For example:

“No sir it is you who speaks b*ll*cks. I am a shift worker, and I cannot be excused work for routine appointments. All my colleagues are the same, and the majority of people on the stn, in other sections, also work shifts and also need to fit in their personal admin in their own time.”

Are you really trying to tell me that you cannot do any of these admin duties when you are on shift? You have to do it in your own time??. So how do non-shift workers do their admin chores? I think that if you cannot have a medical, pop up to PSF, DHE, Dental, Clothing Stores or carry out a fitness test during your time on shift, then you work on a crap Sqn/Section.

I cannot be bothered to reply to some of the other stupid comments here.

Younger people of the armed forces are more fitness oriented than us older generation. I can’t fault that. However, I do resent some of the comments being made about the older generation. At the end of the day we did our job well and we won.

Today everything is about a test. You can take a person who joined in the 70’s or 80’s. He may have been through the Cyprus problems, The Falklands War, GW1, Bosnia, Kosovo and many detachments all around the world. He did the business and he did it well. Slowly but surely as our tempo has increased following GW1. Over the years the 9 till 5ers have come out of the woodwork and “tested OUR ability to do OUR jobs”

A quick message to all those spouting on about the need for Politically Correct Fitness and especially those that have had a go at the older generation. Never forget that they have been there, seen it and done it and they did not need to be tested twice a year.