PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one left?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 20:33
engoal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still Enjoying It?

I have been watching this thread for a couple of days now, and agree completely with the general view that it isn't all completely s##t/

To answer the question, damn straight I am! Having just picked up a new job that gets me back in the thick of it, I remember what it was that I enjoyed all those years ago on the sometimes-woeful Tornado Washing and Cleaning Unit at what is now Rock Central. Although some aspects of the support systems are pretty rubbish, and the jury is still out on BWOS' contribution to what we do, I have nothing but admiration for the guys who are quite literally working round the clock to deliver jets, to the extent that I sent 2 home in the past 24 hrs because they were shagged but wanted to finish the job. In fact, the only whingeing I have heard has been from senior folk who ought to know better.

That said, I have to agree with the view that the 'military covenant' could do with a dust off and polish, and I know of at least one future CAS who appears to be genuinely committed to doing so.