PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxygen 4
Thread: Oxygen 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 18:26
SussexBroker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxygen 4

Oxygen 4 was started in 2005 by three ex- Hunt and Palmer guys. Steven Jack (ex-Bond Aviation I think), Mark Green (also started the Aircraft Zone/Ocean Sky ball rolling) and Rod Glassford who has also made a bit of a name for himself. I know them all from BACA parties and industry functions etc... they're all quite nice guys... for brokers

As a broker myself , it is a problem when staff leave they also take their clients and relationships - but it is part of deal of being a broker. That said, I keep an eye on the competition and whilst Oxygen 4 (according to their press releases) did GBP 9m in year 1 and GBP 16m in year 2, Hunt and Palmer have had two cracking record years since Oxygen 4 started so it couldn't have impacted too much on their business. Not that many of the other "larger brokers" had the same levels of increase in business. Interesting that not many other "one man band styleee" brokers have moved on from the back bedroom image of broking. It is a shame that systems like Avinode and an air charter guide can allow any Joe Public to begin broking... it is perhaps this lack of actual and overall knowledge of the job that gives brokers a bad name.

Thoughts anyone ?

Last edited by SussexBroker; 6th Jul 2007 at 18:46.