PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO Questions
Thread: ATCO Questions
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 13:25
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonzo,

Sorry matey, I was going to put somewhere in the reply that what I was writing was very much a broad brush picture... more to get across a more accurate comparison between office workers and ATCOs.

I appreciated that most tower workers (with smaller watches), will not be as flexible wrt 'early gos' (maybe you should have worked harder at school... you may have got area then lol).

Also, I am very much a believer that an 'early go' is a privilege (no matter how I spell that word, it never looks right) and not a right, certain spins do tend to be good for the opportunity... especially in the winter.

There is nothing I hate more than people in the OPs room whingeing about an early go etc. I sometimes think that it would be simpler if we all just stayed for a whole shift... Though by early go, your example of
half an hour early on a spin
is not too bad in my books

Mancboy,

C'mon man! I know that there are some early goes in LACC, obviously some spins mean that you will be there to the end but one or two of them present an early go opportunity now and then. Does at TC anyway, tho I suppose, as you say
but not at a busier unit!