PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article by Simon Calder of the Independent
Old 6th Jul 2007, 11:22
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, but Rubik, you have fired off before thinking it through, which is my reason for complaining so loudly. I apologise if you were somewhat put out by my insinuation that you were not an airline pilot but I was generalising because so many posters are obviously not airline pilots even though they offer their views so freely on this forum. All it takes is for Mr Calder to take any comments he reads here, apply the assumption that they must all be from airline pilots because it is PPRuNe and then, as Cavorting Cheetah points out, take them out of context to make whatever point he wishes to make.

Simon Calder is a 'travel writer'. That somehow infers on him the right to write articles that involve transportation as invariably, that is used when travelling. Because we operate aircraft, Mr Calder then has the ability to put his point of view to anyone who cares to read his prose and whether that point of view is accurate or not is irrelevant, simply because it is written for entertainment purposes only. If he chooses to expound the false belief that we are overpaid, underworked prima-donnas and compares us to the overworked, underpaid heroes of the medical profession then so be it.

However, please remember that you would be much better off and would help your cause much better if you were to think through your responses to Mr Calder before committing them to paper. A polite explanation of where he has made wrong assumptions and inviting him to have a full and better explanation would go much further to correcting any wrongdoing.